Denim on denim has slowly been creeping back onto the fashion scene. There are those that see this trend as an enemy that should not be forgiven, and there are others that say”ok, I will give you another chance!” To those that want to embrace the recycled trend of denim on denim, I say good for you , there are however a few guidelines that you should follow if you want to embrace it again.
- One of the most important guidelines I believe that should be followed is mixing your denims. What I mean by mixing is do a dark denim and light denim. Therefore, if you are wearing dark jeans, you should wear a lighter wash denim shirt.
Smocked Denim Skirt with belt $16.90 Forever21.com
Women’s Denim Jacket $29.50 Old Navy.com
- The second thing to think about is the weight of your denim. Even if you are wearing a light wash and a dark wash denim item if both fabrics are heavy it will weigh you down. Do your best to make sure one of the pieces has a lighter fabric otherwise you might look like a 90’s rapper!
1969 new wide leg trouser jeans (dark wash) $ 69.95 Gap.com
Life In Progress™ Denim Shirt $24.80 Forever21.com
- Next, do not go into denim overload! keep it to two pieces of denim, otherwise you will just look odd, to put it frankly
- Denim dresses can be chic, but beware of dresses that are too girlish in the way that it would be appropriate for an 8 year old.
1969 wrap dress by Gap.com 69.95
- Add accessories to your ensemble to make it your own.
- Shimmer, Solid and Braided Belt Set $10.50 Charlotte Russe.com
- Pearlescent Bangle Set $6.80 Forever 21.com
Steve Madden Marryy $44.99 Piperlime.com
BCBGenerations Castles $59.99 Piperlime.com
- Last but not least add a splash of color to make your outfit pop, but keep it simple!
Dooney and Bourke Quilted Spicy Satchel $141.00 Dooney and Bourke.com
Any questions or comments leave them! I would love to talk more about it.
Copyright. All information is the creative property of Ruby Madison LLC, it is not to be used or duplicated without permission.