This Spring has given us a ton of fun trends. By now everyone probably knows that Tangerine Tango is the color of the year and the fun bright has led the way for bright colors this spring. We have print mixing, color blocking,printed pants and the list goes on! With all of this a girl wonders what shoes do I wear?! This is a question I am glad to answer. I will show you a few of my favorite spring styles and tell you what to pair them with!
- Wedges of course are at the top of the list. A nude wedge sandal is great to go with all of the bright and patterned pants.This season wedges have also been seen in fun brights and patterns mimicking the pants trend.
Harvat $100.00 Aldo.com
Calgagni $110.com Aldo.com
Women’s Ruffled Button-Front Drawstring Camis $17.00 OldNavy.com
Signature Fit Graphic Floral Crop Pant $79.50 Talbots.com
- Spiked if you have an edgy side a spiked or studded shoe could add some sass to your wardrobe! Do not go overboard with the look pair it with basic pieces so that you don’t look like you are trying to hard. A basic tee and jeans in pastel colors takes some edge off your look and goes great with a spiked shoe!
Studded-Back Platform Pump $42.50 Charlotte Russe.com
Soft Oversize Tee $11.80 Forever21.com
Essential Ankle Pants $15.80 Forever21.com
Crognale $20.00 Aldo.com
- Mod Going back to a 60’s and 70’s vibe we are seeing the return of some chunky heels in silver and gold metallic. Pair these fun and comfy shoes with pencil skirts and peter pan collar blouses.
Superfly by Joie $260.00 Piperlime.com
Peter Pan Collar Blouse by Tinley Road $49.00 Piperlime.com
No. 2 pencil skirt in double-serge cotton $89.50 J.Crew.com
- Rain Boots are trending in a big way! There are more styles than ever to fit multiple fashion styles. Two of my fave brands are Hunter and Dav, however Kate Spade and Marc Jacobs make gorgeous rain boots as well. If you are wearing a busy pattern or bright colored rain boot keep the rest of the look classic and simple. A trench coat and a a-line dress would look great. You can also make your look casual with skinny dark wash jeans and a billowy top.
English Quilted Gunmetal Rain Boot $85.00 Davrain.com
Hunter $195.00 Zappos.com
Romantic Godet Top $24.80 Forever21.com
Classic Skinnies $10,80 Forever21.com
- Pointy Toe Pumps Ladylike classic that you can never go wrong with. Dress up any outfit with this classic wardrobe staple. This is an especially great classic shoe for work.
Flicker $80.00 Aldo.com
I have shown these shoes so many times because they are a great classic. Luv!
- Loafers and Boat Shoes Prep at its best! Pop your collar and throw on a blazer and bermuda shorts. These shoes also look great with straight leg pants and casual skirts.
Milly Authentic Original 2-Eye by Sperry Top-Sider $125.00 Piperlime.com
Linen Bermuda Short $64.50 J.Crew.com
- Ballet Flats are a great classic. This season they are available in bolder styles,colors and prints! As always you can pair them with jeans, skirts, cropped pants, shorts etc. However; I do not consider a flat a dress shoe. You should wear a heel at a formal event.
Laura by Rachel Zoe $235.00 Piperlime.com
Gabriella Rocha $47.99 Comes in a ton of colors!!! Zappos.com
- Platform Pumps are still a wardrobe staple and the platform gives you great support and longer comfort than a classic pump.
Bryaan by: Dolce Vita $129.99 Piperlime.com
- Spring Booties. Booties in lightweight suede are perfect for spring and go great with floral dresses and rolled boyfriend jeans. The look should be relaxed and effortless.
Armoryy $104.98 Steve Madden.com
Oversize Knit Top $15.80 Forever 21.com
1969 Sexy Boyfriend Jeans $69.95 Gap.com
- Bright. Bright shoes as you probably guessed are popular this season. Bright pumps are especially chic.
Emma WP $69.99 Bakers.com
- Strappy Sandals Think fun night on the town with a sleek dress and clutch. Styles for this spring are in snakeskin and shiny metallic.
Women’s Draped Jersey Tank Dress $15.00 OldNavy.com
Corre $55.00 Aldo.com
A Couple More Trends
BCBGeneration $87.99 Zappos.com
Chic Flat Sandals-A Necessity!
Bethanny $69.95 SteveMadden.com
Limerick $52.00 Bakers.com
Lococo $110.00 Aldo.com
Spring Prep. Now that it is Spring invest in at least one professional pedicure a month and keep it up in between visits or buy the items to do it yourself. I have instructions on DIY pedicures in a previous blog titled: Summer Beauty Prep. However; keeping feet nice is a must and there is not an option of skimping out on it. The first step in fashion is basic hygiene.
Well that is a long list of shoes but what girl can complain about shoes! Do not be overwhelmed and don’t try to get all the styles;unless you want too of course. Slowly build your shoe closet with the staples and then add the fun ones! Hope this guide helps you!
By Latrenda of Ruby Madison LLC
Copyright 2012. All information is the creative property of Ruby Madison LLC, it is not to be used or duplicated without permission from the owner.